Highlights from this video:
- You should be looking to “sell,” even if you aren’t a salesperson (0:58)
- Everyone is already an online writer, so learning to persuade through writing is key (1:44)
- Even if you’re “just a blogger” you are already trying to “sell” your ideas to readers. (3:22)
- The best writers are often TERRIBLE copywriters (4:37)
- Most writers face a mindset problem around selling. It’s pointless. If you can deliver a great product, service, newsletter, or book, don’t be afraid to ask for sales or subscribers! (5:55)
- Copywriting does not have a “magic formula.” (7:25)
- You can sell your STUFF without selling your SOUL. The best copywriting is an extension of your authentic, genuine voice. (8:01)
- All copy is customized to you. Copy+paste strategies don’t work (9:30 — this is a rant you need to hear)
- Todd and I wrote 10 different CTAs for LinkedIn… and started raking in 100+ subscribers per day. (10:29)
By the way, if you’re looking to gt more skills for this whole “copywriting thing…”
Watch: “How to get anyone to say YES to you when you write”
And if you aren’t sure WHY this is such a big freaking deal…
Watch: Is Copywriting The Highest-Leverage Skill of 2022?
Finally, if you’re looking for the fastest way to get your copywriting skills up to snuff…
Consider enrolling in Six-Figure Copywriting for Writers.
The course is a path to turning casual readers to paying customers.
In it, you’ll uncover…
– How to write high-impact copy in less than 5 minutes, even if you’ve never sold a thing in your life.
– The secret to writing an entire sales page in less than one hour WITHOUT having to type at superhuman speed.
– My “No Sweat CTA” which earns me 100s of subscribers per day with simple LinkedIn comments.
– Why successful writers, essayists, and bloggers tend to FAIL MISERABLY at writing copy.
– What successful copywriters NEVER allow when writing high-performing copy.
– The BIGGEST mistake amateurs make when trying to write persuasively
– How to peek inside your audience’s brain… even if you don’t have a single person to survey.
Again, it all goes down August 17th at 9 A.M. EST.